Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
I Feel Burning Feeling Inside My Nose
viciouzbarbie posted:
When I was talking to someone, saliva got into my nose a little and I still feel the burning feeling. I'm also worried if something might develop inside my nose from his mouth. Do you think I should be ok? And I can't even tell for sure if I have something appeared inside my nose or not because I don't want to put my finger inside there. Should i leave it alone instead of feeling it with finger or anything like that?

Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
You will be fine....saliva will not harm the nasal mucosa. If you want, you can spray some saline nasal spray in your nose to make it feel better.

viciouzbarbie replied to Rod Moser, PA, PhD's response:
Oh ok. I thought it was herpes or some kind of bacteria or disease transmitted into my nose from saliva. I'll get the saline nasal spray, thank you.

viciouzbarbie replied to viciouzbarbie's response:
It feels like there's a scab inside my nostril or something. I dont want to touch it inside because I don't want the nostril to get bigger or anything. But I did order the saline spray from online. I'm still waiting for the saline spray to arrive.

Rod Moser, PA, PhD replied to viciouzbarbie's response:
You can MAKE your own saline: 1/4th tsp of salt with 8 oz of water, or by it an any pharmacy. One product is called Ocean -- very inexpensive.

You can have a scab inside your nose. Any chance you have have a medical provider examine you?

Yes it has been examined few months ago and everything was fine. But after someone's saliva got into my nose, I feel a scab or something inside my nose. But I ordered Ocean saline from the internet last week and hopelly it will arrive soon. If not, I'll try making my own saline.

Rod Moser, PA, PhD replied to viciouzbarbie's response:
When you were examined a few months ago, did you have this "scab"? Things change, so if this is a new finding, you might want to consider getting examined again.

No not at that time. But I can't afford to go to a doctor right now but I will try to go sometime in the future when I can.

Helpful Tips

EAR PROBLEMS
I have had a mild ear ache on and off and recently when I had a cold with runniynose, the ear began to hurt again. The outer ear was also ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.