Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Low body temperature accompanied by feeling hot and heavy perspiration
mrsjtcarter posted:
On 12/21/2010 I went to my doctor's office because I was feeling weak, light-headed, I was coughing spasmodically, perspiring heavily, and feeling very warm. My blood pressure was normal (126 over 74) but my body temperature was 96.5.

I am currently experiencing menopause which includes frequent and severe hot flashes. I am not taking hormonal therapy because of a history of female reproductive cancers in my family.

I still feel weakened and light-headed. The least expenditure of effort results in perspiration levels more in keeping with a strenuous 60-minute workout. What is wrong with me?

Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
I really have no way of diagnosing you over the Internet, Mrs. Carter. I do not know your complete medical history, nor do I have a way of examining you or ordering any diagnostic tests -- all essential components to making that important call. As much as I would like to help you, the information in your posting is not sufficient to know what is wrong with you. I am very sorry, but the Internet poses some significant logistical barriers.

You will need to keep working with your medical provider until your symptoms are managed.

mrsjtcarter replied to Rod Moser, PA, PhD's response:
Thank you. I shall see my PCP as soon as the office re-opens.

Helpful Tips

Your Home Black BagExpert
Doctors used to carry black bags containing all the medical tools they would need for a home visit. Of course, that rarely happens anymore. ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 53 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.