Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
outer left ear infection plus pain on left sde of face and unable to fully open my jaw without severe pain
kylefoster1991 posted:
just made my account and this is my first time posting here so if this is the wrong place let me know where the right one is
well this has happend before on my right ear the area just inside the canal is swollen with pain [im pretty sure its an infection but have not had any drainage> i hear ringing and the pain centerd on my ear and jaw joint [left side only> i can barley open my jaw and i cant close it all the way with out severe pain that feels like it comes from the area of the infection in my ear i got pain and te skin feels kind of numb on the left side of my face i went to the docter when it happend on the right side and she gave me some ear drops to reduce the swellng [i also had a peirced ear drum from me being to rough with a qtip so she couldnt give me antibiotic drops and i was supped togo back but it went away and i have no insurance so i didnt go back it was fine for a month and now my left ear has started showing the same thing except my eardrum isnt peirced im figured i would post here and see what you guys think and if i should go back to the docter or just wait

Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
You will need to see your medical provider, Kyle. There is really no way of me, or any medical provider, to blindly determine a diagnosis over the Internet, based solely on the information in your posting. I do not know anything about you, your medical history, or have any way of examining your ears.

I would suggest that you STOP using Q-tips. Earwax is a beneficial, protective coating for the ear canal. When you remove it, your ear canal will be subject to infections and inflammation.

Helpful Tips

helps you feel better
Every time I feel under the weather I start drinking chamomile and peppermint teas with lemon and drinking it will its still steaming. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.