Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
getting over the flu
mustangfordcrs posted:
am taking meds for the flu right now, (delsome and tilanol for my temp.) and its helpping right now but i have to get back to school fast! what are some home remedies that i cound try to get the flu out of my system faster the way i can get back to school? i have asthma so i have alot of post naisal drip. i am taking zertech for this. so what should i do?

Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
Hang in there.....there are no sure-fire methods, over-the-counter or otherwise, to speed up healing. There is not CURE for the flu, assuming this is what you have, only treatments to keep you comfortable while NATURE heals you.

The medicines you are taking are for symptom control....

Delsym is for cough control. Tylenol is for the aches, pains, and fever. Zyrtec is for drying up your drippy nose.

You can go back to school when you feel up to it.

Featuring Experts

Welcome to WebMD's Ear, Nose, and Throat Community — a site where members help each other. If you have an experience to share or would like ...More

Helpful Tips

Most People with a penicillin allergy can safely take cephalosporinsExpert
Medical providers have always been taught that if you are allergic to penicillin, you have a greater chance of also being allergic to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 61 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.