Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Best Wishes For a Speedy Recovery Dr Moser!
Annie_WebMD_Staff posted:
I'd like to wish Dr Moser a speedy recovery from his kidney stone surgery! If you had the operation today like it was scheduled, I hope everything went your way and that you are on your way to feeling better!

- Annie
Check out Dr Moser's Family Webicine blog!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
That goes double for me, Dr. Moser! Best wishes for a swift return to good health.

Byroney

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I see you're already back on the board, Dr. Moser, so I guess it all went well. Hope you're feeling fine.

Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
Thank you. I had the surgery yesterday, but......IT FAILED. I am still "stoned" and you can be sure that I will be blogging about it!

Now....just because I am posting and blogging, in now way implies that I am cured. If I didn't have my WebMD obligations to distract me from my pain....my disappointment if this treatment failure....and to take up my free time now that I am not working....I would go NUTS.

Posting and blogging is part of my personal treatment plan....

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Rod Moser, PA, PhD's response:
Oh no!

(And many years ago, message boards were how I distracted myself from my own chronic pain... and still do. )

I really am so sorry this is still ongoing and I'll be keeping on eye on your blog. I hope this particular journey ends SOON for you.

yanksgirl replied to Rod Moser, PA, PhD's response:
Soooo sorry your procedure didn't rid you of the 'stone' problem! You must be miserable!
You've 'lent' an ear to me so many times and now it's my turn to tell you you're in my thoughts and I hope you feel better very soon!
yanksgirl

Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to Rod Moser, PA, PhD's response:
Drat! So sorry to hear you still have that stone with you.

I hope you and your medical team are able to work out an alternate solution. Wishing for a pain-free future for you soon!

Byroney

Rod Moser, PA, PhD replied to yanksgirl's response:
Thanks...I need all of the help and healing vibes I can get.

Rod Moser, PA, PhD replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
I might as well have a ball and chain hanging from my ankle. The fact that the stone is still with me is like a prison sentence; a prison where they continually torture me.

I am making a lot of noise, but so far, no one has come up with a quick fix (it has been two months!). I can't blame delays on insurance since I work for the group that insures me. I can blame some of it on the lack of equipment (my group only gets to use the lithotripsy machine for one day, once a month), assuming the emergence of a kidney stone matches this schedule, and they have "room" to treat me.

I guess this is like socialized medicine.....

heathermil replied to Rod Moser, PA, PhD's response:
how do you get a wasp out of your ear?????

Rod Moser, PA, PhD replied to heathermil's response:
Is this a serious question? If so, you need to be a bit more specific and start a NEW DISCUSSION. If you truly have a wasp still in your ear, I would suggest that you seek medical care immediately, and not wait until you get an on-line response.

rohvannyn replied to Rod Moser, PA, PhD's response:
Simply, ARGH! It's small comfort to know that our mecial woes "out here" are shared by the initiated medical personnel "up there." My best wishes and hopes for recovery are with you.

damnmyear responded:
I wish you all the best Dr Moser, and I hope it's not long until you are fixed.

I really would like to thank you for helping me calm my nerves and fears the last couple of weeks.

All the best to you.

deach777 replied to Rod Moser, PA, PhD's response:
Rod, i always heard that doctors and nurses make the worse patients. I have a few doctors and many nurses coming in for meds and as always i strike up a conversation. Seems like the only doctors to open up and talk are Doctors of theology. Nurses they talk all the time. I'm glad you can at least do your blogging to keep you from going batty. I hate being laid up for a time. Hope the dogs are being easy on you, Take care, ~Deach~

Rod Moser, PA, PhD replied to deach777's response:
Thanks, Deach....

I agree that medical people are not the best patients, namely since we know what can go wrong. We tend to focus on complications, side-effects, etc. I was sure glad that I noticed the wrong antibiotic before it was administered....that would not have been good. I had an anaphylactic reaction to one pill in the past, and this was a HUGE dose being prepared to be administered intravenously.

Everyone makes mistakes but this is one of the easiest mistakes to avoid. They asked my name a dozen times and even made me spell it, but not once, did they ask about medication allergies.

Helpful Tips

Your Home Black BagExpert
Doctors used to carry black bags containing all the medical tools they would need for a home visit. Of course, that rarely happens anymore. ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 53 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.