Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
sweet smell
chosenone2 posted:
I have had the sweet smell in my nose for about 3 months, I don't know where it is coming from I burn candles in my bedroom some time, so I thought that was where it is coming from but I have the same smell when I am not in my bed room. I noticed the same smell at work. I am on several medicaions for different things. Could be a medical condition from my meds or something going on in my blood?

Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
A specific reason for your aberrant smell cannot be blindly determined over the Internet. There can be numerous reasons, from problems in your sinues, to neurlogical reasons, such phantom smell disorders.

You will need to see your medical provider -- someone who knows you, your medical history, which medications you are taking, and someone who can examine you first-hand, in order to start the investigative process. None of these things can be done by via the Internet....I am sorry.

Helpful Tips

Ear and allergies
For what it's worth, my brother has been getting allergy shots for a year and the ringing in his ears has stopped..... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.