Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Swollen Knob in Throat
MisterM14 posted:
Hey,
So for the past week I've had issues with my throat supposedly due to a pharyngitis or tonsillitis. Whether or not it's bacterial or viral is unknown. Since I first started getting sick, I've had this swollen lump on the back right side of my throat. I've gotten through 5 days of antibiotics, and it's still there bugging me. Does anyone have any idea what this is?
Picture of it here:

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m559/agrice07/242941_10150626700910252_875685251_19219856_7269572_o.jpg

I don't think it's anything too serious, I'm just curious. I've always been more of a Physics and Chemistry guy than anatomy and biology hehe

Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
A picture may be worth a thousand words, but rarely are they helpful in making a definitive diagnosis. A photo is never a substitute for a hands-on examination, so unfortunately, I cannot provide you will an answer. It would not be appropriate for me to just gues.....

Helpful Tips

Ear and allergies
For what it's worth, my brother has been getting allergy shots for a year and the ringing in his ears has stopped..... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.