Includes Expert Content
My Throat Hurts, along with the back and sides of my tongue and both of my ears.
Anon_228583 posted:
So for about the past week and a half, my throat has been hurting along with my ears and tongue. A few of the teeth in the back of my mouth also hurt a little too (i dont know if they have anything to do with the other pains). I went to a doctor and he said there was nothing wrong. I've been taking tylenol to stop the pain because it gets really bad late at night. I havent been swimming so it's not swimmers ear. I have had post nasal drip in the past and every time i get out of my shower I feel like i need to spit up mucus. (hot shower)

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
It is really not possible for me (or anyone) to be able to blindly determine a reason for your symptoms over the Internet, based solely on the brief information you have posted. I do not know anything about you, your medical history, or have any way of examining you and ordering diagnostic tests.

I know that you were examined by your doctor who said that nothing was wrong, but clearly, if you are still havinig problems...something IS wrong. Just because a reason is not found on one exam, does not mean that you do not have a problem, so I would suggest that you see your medical provider again (or see a different medical provider) so you can be re-examined.

jmhoyt2001 responded:
I know it has been a couple years but I have the same problem with my throat and tongue and such. What did it end up being and should I go to the doctor. It has now but about four weeks.