Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
My Throat Hurts, along with the back and sides of my tongue and both of my ears.
Anon_228583 posted:
So for about the past week and a half, my throat has been hurting along with my ears and tongue. A few of the teeth in the back of my mouth also hurt a little too (i dont know if they have anything to do with the other pains). I went to a doctor and he said there was nothing wrong. I've been taking tylenol to stop the pain because it gets really bad late at night. I havent been swimming so it's not swimmers ear. I have had post nasal drip in the past and every time i get out of my shower I feel like i need to spit up mucus. (hot shower)

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
It is really not possible for me (or anyone) to be able to blindly determine a reason for your symptoms over the Internet, based solely on the brief information you have posted. I do not know anything about you, your medical history, or have any way of examining you and ordering diagnostic tests.

I know that you were examined by your doctor who said that nothing was wrong, but clearly, if you are still havinig problems...something IS wrong. Just because a reason is not found on one exam, does not mean that you do not have a problem, so I would suggest that you see your medical provider again (or see a different medical provider) so you can be re-examined.

jmhoyt2001 responded:
I know it has been a couple years but I have the same problem with my throat and tongue and such. What did it end up being and should I go to the doctor. It has now but about four weeks.

Helpful Tips

FAQ Tip #2: Tonsilliths and Cryptic TonsilsExpert
People are often puzzled by white accumulations in their tonsils. Some feel they have Strep, yet they do not really have a red, sore ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.