Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
ELECTRIC SHOCK FEELING
clark5527 posted:
WHEN I SNEEZE I HAVE AN ELECTRIC SHOCK FEELING ALL THROUGH MY BODY. WHY/

Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
I really don't know.

I realize that this is not the answer that you would like, but my only guess would be that a violent sneeze sends all kinds of neurological impulses to your brain, resulting in some interesting reactions.

clark5527 replied to Rod Moser, PA, PhD's response:
would it be something to get checked by a DR. ?

Rod Moser, PA, PhD replied to clark5527's response:
That's up to you, but it is unlikely that the doctor will find a diagnosis.....or a "cure" for this unusual phenomena.

NancyJWT responded:
That is very weird. When I sneeze, after a few seconds the top of my tongue tingles pretty strongly!

(Sneezing is also how I lost the hearing in one ear... go figure. Sneezing is dangerous.)

Does this electric shock by chance happen when you bend your head far down (without sneezing)?

DD_ABQ replied to Rod Moser, PA, PhD's response:
Hi Dr. Moser,
Lately over the past several months I have been having a electric shock type feeling in my tongue. Not consistantly, but enough now to make me worry. What could this be from? What should I do?
Please help.. Thanks, DD_ABQ

Helpful Tips

Your Home Black BagExpert
Doctors used to carry black bags containing all the medical tools they would need for a home visit. Of course, that rarely happens anymore. ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 53 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.