Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
EARS & MUCUS
tinakep posted:
Hello- It's me AGAIN- Just wanted to give you follow up:

I'm using Nasalcrom (as instructed by ENT) for about 3 weeks now (2 puffs in each nostril at bedtime) No change- ears still crackling when swallowing and still constant post nasil drip. Does this med take a while to work also?
When the ears are crackling when swallowing is that because eustachian tubes are swollen or because of the post nasil drip?

The ENT actually had said to try the Nasalcrom, Flonase and Astepro all together-but my primary DR said I can just try Nasalcrom alone first.

Thanks again

Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
Keep taking the Nasalchrom, but I don't know why your primary did not want you taking the other two...they are all different drugs, and do different things. You would need to ask him for those reasons.

The crackling is most likely from your Eustachian tubes (post nasal drip does not make noise), but there is really no way to determine what this crackling means...in YOU.

tinakep replied to Rod Moser, PA, PhD's response:
Well. my primary DR said first to try just Nasalcrom and then after a month or so, add the Flonase.
Ok to take both?
Does inflammation from the tubes cause crackling noises and is this usually symptom of dust mite allergy?

Thank you

Rod Moser, PA, PhD replied to tinakep's response:
According to your ENT, it is okay to take ALL THREE, so if you have any concerns, you will need to address it to the doctor who is treating you.

Inflammation in the (Eustachian) tubes can be be one contributory factor that can cause crackling noises. Allergies can cause the inflammation.

Helpful Tips

Sharp pain in left ear lob cartiliage
After the last 24 hours of excruciating pain and having tried Tylenol Regular and Sinus and heating pads, this morning I took Aleve as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.