Skip to content
clicking coming from sinus cavity?
thebeatsmaster posted:
I recently had what seemed like a bad sinus infection. The entire front half of my head was in pain whenever I moved it and I was very congested all for about 3 days. Immediately after I noticed a clicking sound while eating every bite. The only information I can find points to TMJ (temporomandibular joint disorder) but I don't have ANY of the other symptoms. The clicking sounds sort of like a snapple cap and can be heard by others across the table. There is no pain or discomfort and the clicking seems to be coming centrally from between my jaw and nose not the jaw itself. In fact, I get a strange sinusy feeling when it clicks like a slight change in pressure or something.

Rod_Moser_PA_PhD responded:
You will need to see your medical provider, or better yet, an ENT. A CT scan of your sinuses would be a good idea. Chronic sinusitis can cause "clicking" and you are correct, TMJ disorders are notorious for causing clicking each time that you move your jaw or mouth. Since sounds can be transmitted through bone, it may be difficult for you to determine the source..

Helpful Tips

Sharp pain in left ear lob cartiliage
After the last 24 hours of excruciating pain and having tried Tylenol Regular and Sinus and heating pads, this morning I took Aleve as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.