Includes Expert Content
The Importance of Letters
rohvannyn posted:
My computer won't let me respond in the comments below the blog (issue with the browser I have to use at work) so I am responding here. I just wanted to thank you, Doc, for this entry. You are absolutely right.

I was taught as a kid to always write a thank you note when someone did something nice or send me a present. They always started with the formulaic "Dear ---. How are you? I am fine. Thank you for the..." I've let that slip over the years and usually it's an email or a call, with one particular exception.

My grandmother, who is now past ninety and having a harder time keeping up, used to email people but has gone back to sending letters. About every two weeks to a month I send her one. Having her words physically in my hand gives me so much better a sense of her personality and thoughts than even speaking to her did. I feel I am closer to her now than before. It has brought an added depth to our relationship and I cherish each letter. It's a nice practice and more people need to remember it.
rohvannyn responded:
Please ignore the duplicates, no need to respond to them, the computer triple posted.
Rod Moser, PA, PhD replied to rohvannyn's response:
As always, thank you for your comments.