Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Hi Dr. Moser! Got another hearing aid today:)
yanksgirl posted:
It's another behind the ear open ear model, slightly larger but not really that noticeable than my other one. Same color too.
The price was good with my insurance covering all but about $500.
I'm having a problem putting it in, believe it or not. It has a small wire that is at the end of the 'plug' that goes into the canal and I'm supposed to push the plug/or head of the aid, into my ear with my thumb--and the small wire just lies in the lower portion of the ear hardly visible if done right, and the over the ear wire portion fits snug. Then I put the hearing aid over the back of my ear. Well, neither was doing either of those things but I've practiced until I've gotten my ear a bit sore--ha Finally have gotten it better. It has 4 programs--including 'telecoil'. My other one has that too, but with the severe loss of hearing in the other ear, I can't use it on the phone.
I will try this one as my hearing loss is about 30 % in this ear. I've tried the different programs watching TV--can't tell much difference and there is a slight 'noise-like static at times and/ or feedback when I change programs. The hearing therapist worked a long time with me getting the sound right-on the computer and so I'll give it time. I can return it in 70 days--a long time really--and get a full refund or exchange it if necessary. I hope I don't have to do that.
For some reason the last few days my head has not been good.Lots of stress going on though with funerals to attend of close friends and family (in-law) connections dying and some family issues--we all have from time to time. Stress always makes my head worse. Course the heavy pressure is there most of the time but my nausea has nearly gone so I've been out and about more---just really wish this feeling of lightheadedness---caused by the pressure would ease. It's been bad, as I said for a couple of days now. So, that's the latest.
Hope your shoulder is doing well and that you're all 'rested' up from your vacation. Welcome back! : yanksgirl

Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
I am back from vacation....and back to work, bad shoulder and all.

Congratulations on your new hearing aid...I hope it works out once you get it properly tuned to you.

yanksgirl replied to Rod Moser, PA, PhD's response:
Does 'bad shoulder' mean it's not healing well? I surely hope that's not the case. You've been through too much already.
Glad to have you back.
Take care. yanksgirl

Rod Moser, PA, PhD replied to yanksgirl's response:
You, olf all people, know that not all surgical procedures are successful. The first surgery completely failed, and the second one (so far) has not made any difference in my range of motion / ability to lift my left arm. Fortunately, I have a good right arm and the ability to "adapt".....what other choice do we have? Even my arm at its worst, is less of a challenge than what you have endured. You are very sweet to care about my recovery.

Helpful Tips

Most People with a penicillin allergy can safely take cephalosporinsExpert
Medical providers have always been taught that if you are allergic to penicillin, you have a greater chance of also being allergic to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 61 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.