Includes Expert Content
Yellow soft palate
An_247858 posted:
So my soft palate looks yellow, i noticed it was yellow when i used a flashlight to see my throat. I also have small like granules on my soft palate that don't go away it's been like that for a month now.. they don't hurt or anything besides look and feel weird. Another thing i have is a white spot on my right tonsil. *I have sinusitis, could that be causing this?

Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
Based on your description, I would not think that sinusitis would be causing your yellow, grandular palate or the "white spot" on your tonsils, however, since I do not know anything about you, your habits, your medical history, or have any way of examining this area first-hand, I am unable to provide you with any blind guesses as to the cause. Sorry. You will need to see your medical provider -- someone who can examine your mouth/throat -- to offer you an answer.

An_247858 replied to Rod Moser, PA, PhD's response:
Thank you, Dr. Rod. One more thing what or may cause a grandular palate that doesn't seem to go back to it's smooth form?

Rod Moser, PA, PhD replied to An_247858's response:
Again, my young friend, I would have to see what you are talking about....first-hand; during an exam. Your description is just not specific enough for me to even guess. Sometimes, the things that seem odd to a patient, are just a variation on normal.

Don't try to diagnose yourself on the Internet....