Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Update with the Tubes
sgthappy73 posted:
Hello doctor,
Again, this is for anyone who may need advise like I did. Its been 2 months since the tubes were inserted. On Monday I saw my ENT doctor & informed him that I wanted these things out asap. He checked my ears & said they were clear so we set the date for removal, October 29th. As for my hearing after 2 months, it still isn't "normal". Although I can hear, it still doesn't sound "right" when I speak. It still is like I'm underwater. It's not as upsetting as it was in the beginning,you get acustomed to the new way of hearing, and chewing anything crunchy eliminates all hearing whatsoever. All you hear is the crunching. Its so annoying. I wish I can say my hearing has improved but unfortunately it has not. I'll let you know how it goes after they come out. I figure the sooner they come out, the sooner I'll get my normal hearing back.(or not, so I've been told.) As always best wishes to all...............................

Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
I certainly hope that the removal of the tubes will return your hearing to normal. Keep in mind that this will not happen instantly since the hole from tubes will take time to heal...a few weeks to a month or more.

Keep posting and let everyone know how things turn out....

Helpful Tips

FAQ Tip #2: Tonsilliths and Cryptic TonsilsExpert
People are often puzzled by white accumulations in their tonsils. Some feel they have Strep, yet they do not really have a red, sore ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.