Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Worried about eyebrow/browbone/head pain.
CallMeBlondie posted:
For the past few weeks I've been having pain in my eyebrow area, right above the eyebrows in my forehead and below the browbone. It doesn't really hurt much on its own except for a couple twinge pains here and there, but it's when I press, rub or massage the area I feel the most pain. I can also feel it a bit in/behind my eyes specifically the left and in the corners by my nose, I can feel the pain sometimes radiate to what feels like my cheekbones and teeth. I was just treated for a sinus infection with Zithromax 2 weeks ago but I don't feel any different whatsoever and the pain is still there. I might have some slight congestion still and I've been sneezing/coughing a little off and on but otherwise that's it. I have bad anxiety and I'm worried it could be something more serious. Thank you. x

Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
You are describing the frontal sinuses. In my opinion, Zithromax is not really the best antibiotic (assuming you needed one) for a bacterial sinusitis. The fact that you have not improved, would be a good reason in itself to go back to see your medical provider again. If your sinusitis has not improved, a different (stronger) antibiotic may be tried.

As far as your concern that you have something "more serious", What are you afraid that you have? Unfortunately, I really have no way of addressing that concern, since I do not know anything about you, your medical history, your habits, nor do I have a way of examining you first hand. This is certainly something you can discuss with your medical provider when you go back.

CallMeBlondie replied to Rod Moser, PA, PhD's response:
As I've dealt with sinus issues since I was a kid and oddly enough have never really experienced eye/head pain with them, I'm not sure what but the fact it has lasted so long has me worried it could be something worse (eye problems, brain problems etc.) Thank you for the reply it's much appreciated. I'm giving it a few more days and if it hasn't let up any I'll definitely be returning to the doctor.

Rod Moser, PA, PhD replied to CallMeBlondie's response:
You may not have experienced head pain with sinusitis, but most people do.....

CallMeBlondie replied to Rod Moser, PA, PhD's response:
Yeah that is true come to think of it. So there's really nothing else medically serious that could be causing pain in these locations for this amount of time w/ my other symptoms? I'm planning on making a DR appt next week if by this weekend there's no improvement. I read that if left untreated for too long sinus infections can get worse and turn into meningitis or something so I don't want to put it off for much longer. Thank you for all of the replies!

Rod Moser, PA, PhD replied to CallMeBlondie's response:
I didn't say that...I just said that head pain is a common symptom associated with sinusitis, but of course there can be other causes. As far as something more serious, I really have no way to make the determination, or even guess. That is why your doctor needs to be involved.

Featuring Experts

Welcome to WebMD's Ear, Nose, and Throat Community — a site where members help each other. If you have an experience to share or would like ...More

Helpful Tips

Most People with a penicillin allergy can safely take cephalosporinsExpert
Medical providers have always been taught that if you are allergic to penicillin, you have a greater chance of also being allergic to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 61 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.