Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
cold for motr than 1 month ? with tinnitus (acoustic trauma)
Mahdi89 posted:
please i need help!!
i have cold!!
more than 40 days of cold!! and the weather is hot!!!
i got cold after 3-4 days of my accoustic trauma
its not allergie!! i have allergie only in spring
any help!! i paid a lot of $$$ for doctors and no one helped me

Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
As much as I would like to help you, and as much as I am sympathetic to the high cost of medical care, there is very little that I can do blindly over the Internet. I do not know anything about you, your medical history (not even your age or details about that acoustic trauma), nor do I have the ability to examine you. I cannot diagnose or treat you over the Internet. I am very sorry.

You need to find a medical provider who WILL help you...someone who will listen to your complaints, take them seriously, make an accurate diagnosis, and treat you appropriately. Colds do not last 40 days, so clearly, you are having other issues.

Mahdi89 replied to Rod Moser, PA, PhD's response:
acoustic trauma (tinnitus( after a concert from about 45 days!
then i got cold after! (the weather is hot to get cold or allergies)
the cold caused mucous! in my ears!! i dont know if the mucous is from cold or from acoustic trauma
still till now!
i have a spring allergy
can the predisone cortizone that i take for tinnitus? make my immune system bad?
my tinnitus go bad when the cold go bad! and the mucusous get bigger

Rod Moser, PA, PhD replied to Mahdi89's response:
The mucous is more likely to be from the cold. Acoustic trauma does not cause mucous to form. Prednisone, depending on your dose and duration, can make some people a bit more susceptible to illnesses, but colds are so common, you were likely to catch one anyway.

Mahdi89 replied to Rod Moser, PA, PhD's response:
do you think i have sinus ?
bacause my teeth became sensitive..
do you think my tinnitus will stay forever because of virurs/bacteria ?

Helpful Tips

Ear and throat pain
Hi, I have been experiencing a swollen tonsil for about three weeks, I went to the doctor mi first week and told him mi symptoms: sore ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.