Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Still having mild brow/head sinus pain (follow up question)
CallMeBlondie posted:
I posted this question a few weeks ago http://forums.webmd.com/3/cold-and-flu-exchange/forum/5822/2

I went to the doctor shortly after and was put on a stronger antibiotic and flonase nosespray which seemed to have cleared up the pain behind my eyebrows quite a bit, but there's still some mild pain in the area and along my nose especially when pressure is applied and I still get the occasional twinge of pain on its own. Out of curiosity I had asked the DR if my symptoms could have possibly been anything else besides the sinuses and he said with all the symptoms I have and the areas I'm having pain it's definitely most likely sinus related.

So I was wondering if there's anything else I can do to relieve/get rid of the remaining pain or is this something that takes a while to get rid of completely? I always seem to be dealing with sinus stuff so I'm starting to think I'm cursed with chronic sinus issues or something.

Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
There are always medications that can help with pain or discomfort. For sinus discomfort, anti-inflammatory medication is often helpful (ibuprofen) if taken on a more regular basis. As soon as your infection has been successfully treated, I would not expect you to have any pain. The Flonase will also help with inflammation, but you may need to take it for a month or more, even after you have finished the antibiotic. Some people use decongestants during the day, but I have not found them to be that helpful.

Now that you are on a stronger antibiotic, you may be on your way to a full recovery.

Helpful Tips

FAQ Tip #2: Tonsilliths and Cryptic TonsilsExpert
People are often puzzled by white accumulations in their tonsils. Some feel they have Strep, yet they do not really have a red, sore ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.