Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Tonsil stone without tonsils
Anon_42467 posted:
Yesterday I sneezed and there was something in my mouth. So I spat out a yellow ball, I thought it was eggs until I remembered I did not eat any eggs for breakfast. My daughter told me to smell it because she had the same thing happen to her before. It smelled so HORRIBLE, I got a better look and it look like tiny little balls stuck together and are mushy. YUCK! Therefore, immediately I went online, other people had the same problem, and it is Tonsil Stones. My issue is, I do not have tonsils or adenoids they were removed when I was 8 and I'm 31 now. Where did it come from. I am freaked out can somebody please help?

Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
You may not have tonsils, but you could have a tonsillar crypt...a hole where the tonsils used to be. This can be a hole that will accumulate debris and form these stones. This is just a blind guess, however, since I have no way of examining you over the Internet. You can ask your doctor to look carefully at the tonsillar area next time you are examined.

KiwiSweets replied to Rod Moser, PA, PhD's response:
Thank you, will do.

Helpful Tips

help
An_251960 pls hv u found a solution? Am currently passing 2thru d same problem. pls help. More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.