Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Nose pain
isewfunny posted:
I'm hoping someone can help with this sort of odd problem. I'm a woman in my late forties. I broke my nose when in 8th grade, and again about 6 years ago. Both times, I heard a crack, became very bruised across the bridge,and under my eyes. After I healed the second time, I was able to breathe out of both nostrils for the first time in my memory, but my bridge has a little bump. The problem is that I have now, on three occasions, developed an painful infection around this bump. I've taken amoxicillin and it seems to do the trick, but was wondering if there is something amiss with the structure in there that's causing this. I never have seen an ENT, or had an xray done for this.
Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
Well...that IS your first step. By seeing an ENT, you can have a proper examination to determine the nature of this bump that is becoming recurrently infected. A plain x-ray doesn't always show the problem, but a CT scan of your nasal passageway would certainly offer you and your ENT some valuable information.

Helpful Tips

VNG is Excruciatingly Painful
I recently had a VNG test at a local neurology center. It was so painful that I could not make it through it, I had to beg them to stop. ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.