Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Sinus trouble, genyantritis
gulbahor posted:
have a chronic genyantritis, it has been off for a while after i had some treatment that included injection into my both nostrils, but now after about 2 years, it is back, i am constantly on nose drops, which is not a long term solution, but rather helping sleep through the night, as i have trouble breathing through nose at night almost always. it is very disturbing, i had used Nazonex for a while to treat it, it was fine for about 6 months, and now back...
but my main concern is my 2 years old son, is it possible that he could have gotten it from me? for the last week or so he has been experiencing difficulty breathing at night, and also he has clogged/stuffy nose, i sometimes give him his passifier and he spits it out to use his mouth to breath,. i am so upset about him going through this, as i feel him, i know how it is hard to not be able to sleep properly at night. please help us!!!

Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
I am not exactly sure what "chronic genyanthritis" is.....I have never heard of it. If this is just an error in spelling, please clarify, so that I can answer your questions.

gulbahor replied to Rod Moser, PA, PhD's response:
yes Dr. Moser, it was a spelling error, sorry about that, i meant genyantritis i.e sinus trouble, when you have pain above your eyebrows , on cheek area and around root of the teeth area. i hope i am making my problem clear. thank you for your response!

Rod Moser, PA, PhD replied to gulbahor's response:
I have been doing this "biz" for nearly four decades, and I have never heard of, or used this term. Strange.

If you have chronic sinusitis...then this, I understand. You son cannot get this condition from you. Sinusitis is not contagious, and it is rare for a two-year old to have chronic sinusitis. This age can get frequent viral, upper respiratory infections (colds)...about 6-9 per year, but sinusitis is very uncommon.

Why is he still using a pacifier at age two? This is not good. He may sleep better if he has BOTH airways open, so make sure his nose is clear and moist (use nasal saline and a humidifier), and that his mouth is free of a pacifier. He may want it, but he doesn't need it.

gulbahor replied to Rod Moser, PA, PhD's response:
Thank you for your reply, Dr. Moser. i am sorry if i confused you, what i did is just translated the name of my disease from russian word into Englsih, to be able to share with you, it is " 433 430 439 43C 43E 440 438 442 ",which is what you said "Sinusitis" but anyways, i am so glad that he can not get it from me. the pacifier.... yes, he still wants it sometimes, but i thought it is not healthy if you breath through your mouth at night, almost ever morning i wake up of very dry sensation in my mouth, since i get my nostril blocked by morning, even though i used my drops before going to bed. and i did not want the same to happen to my son, i guess i wan wrong.

Rod Moser, PA, PhD replied to gulbahor's response:
I figured that this was a foreign translation. Thank you for the clarification.

Helpful Tips

Most People with a penicillin allergy can safely take cephalosporinsExpert
Medical providers have always been taught that if you are allergic to penicillin, you have a greater chance of also being allergic to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 61 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.