Includes Expert Content
Two lumps on skull behind left ear
Julieg1987 posted:
I have two lumps located on my skull behind my left ear I'm not sick I feel fine I notices then 3 days ago when I put my hair my hand back Should I be concerned? They are dome-like and immovable. I don't have any on the right side

Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
They may be postauricular (means "behind the ear") lymph nodes, but that would take a hands-on examination to confirm.

Julieg1987 replied to Rod Moser, PA, PhD's response:
Well I don't have insurance. Is it concerning? I'm not sick, no fever, or anything strange. Is there anything I should keep in mind? Any symptoms I should watch for? Or am I going over board?

Rod Moser, PA, PhD replied to Julieg1987's response:
I don't really have enough information about you or your particular case to know if these lumps are concerning or not. As much as I am sympathetic to your lack of insurance, the only way that you can have this lumps properly assessed is with a hands-on medical evaluation. Making a blind decision over the Internets is not a substitute.

Obviously, if these lumps increase in size, become fixed (no longer movable), or seem to multiply.....or, other lumps start to appear in the same area, then you choice to see a medical provider or not will become more obvious.