Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
ear spasms
An_248976 posted:
several years ago I got extremely sick, I had kidney stones and had a server infection associated with it. My temperature stayed at 103 degrees for several days and while I was sick I started to get ear spasms which continue to this day. They drive me crazy. I've been on muscle relaxers for years for my back and they have no affect on my ears. What can I do? Please help.
Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
Your first and most important step is to see an ENT specialist, or better yet, an otologist (ear specialist only). These "spasms" are difficult to control sometimes. There are more treatments than muscle relaxants, but you need to be properly diagnosed first.

Helpful Tips

VNG is Excruciatingly Painful
I recently had a VNG test at a local neurology center. It was so painful that I could not make it through it, I had to beg them to stop. ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.