Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Scar tissue drainage
Shepherd777 posted:
When I was younger I was in a rollover accident and my entire face was crushed and ripped off, while I was recovering I had what I assumed was scar tissue drainage coming out of my nose, I was sent home with a catherer type device to suck this stuff out, it was dark red in color and very rubbery and pretty strong and it would literally come out in one very long string about a yard long or so, I could of probably filled a 32 ounce cup with the stuff it drained like that non stop for weeks anyway I never found out what this called exactly, if someone knows that would be great. I shouldn't of said drained rather it stuck in my nose until I pulled it out. It had the consistency of one of the stick hand things and was just as hard to break.

Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
Without delving into your case, reviewing your records, I don't beleive that anyone could give you that answer with any certainty. I don't know how long it has been, but maybe you can request your old records and see for yourself.

Helpful Tips

FAQ Tip #2: Tonsilliths and Cryptic TonsilsExpert
People are often puzzled by white accumulations in their tonsils. Some feel they have Strep, yet they do not really have a red, sore ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.