Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Tinnitus
An_249621 posted:
Hello

At first, sorry for my bad English.

A four weeks ago, I got a tinnitus. I am 26 old and I never before had auditive problems. I was at some cafe for two hours where was a slightly louder music. Day after I noticed tinnitus.

I went to doctor and got some medicaments for better circulation.

throatPast week i went to another doctor for ear, nose and throat and done some tests:

Tone audiometry:

on both ears is some: 250hz - 10dB, 500hz - 10dB, 1khz - 10dB, 2khz - 10 dB, 4khz -10dB and 8khz - 15dB

Tymphanometry:

LEFT EAR: volume 0,64ml; compliance 0,19 ml, pressure -44daPa, gradient 0,14ml
RIGHT EAR: volume 0,59ml; compliance 0,40 ml, pressure -36daPa, gradient 0,20ml

I have allergys, and chronic inflammation of the right maxillary sinus

My doctor says that I didnt have accustic trauma so cause of my tinnitus is allergy (rhinitis) and that I have eustachian tube dysfunction.

I am using nasonex spray now, and he said that my tinnitus will probably gone.

Sometimes I have fullnes in my ears and
crackling in ears when open mouth.

Diagnose is CATARRHUS TUB. BILL

I also gone on some web tests for high frequency and I can hear up to 18khz on right and 19khz on left ear.

In last 7 days, my tinnitus has gone two times but then recover.

I feel a middle fullness in my ears now.

What is your opinion? Is my tinnitus result of accustic trauma or
eustachian tube dysfunction? Can you interpret a results of thympanometry please?

Thanks a lot.

Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
Your tests, including your tympanometry, do not indicate a specific CAUSE of your tinnitus, but I tend to agree with your ENT that it is not acoustic trauma. He feels to believe it is due to Eustachian tube dysfunctionn (ETD), and based on your posting, I have no reason to question that assumption. The fact that your tinnitus has complete resolved and returned and resolved again is really a good sign and more indicative of ETD.

You appear to be under appropriate care, so please follow your ENTs advice in this matter. I suspect you will improve soon.

Helpful Tips

Your Home Black BagExpert
Doctors used to carry black bags containing all the medical tools they would need for a home visit. Of course, that rarely happens anymore. ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 53 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.