Skip to content
Clogged ear after flu
vikingslax posted:
I was just getting over my symptoms from the flu when I woke up on December 20th with a clogged ear. I went to the doctor, because I was flying to Boston to go skiing with my family the next day. The nurse practitioner prescribed nasonex. During the flight to Boston I was still a little bit congested, but my ears didn't hurt or do anything out of the ordinary. My left ear still felt clogged and my right felt normal. However the next day, after I took a shower the clogged ear seemed to get a tad better, I could actually hear out of it. It has been feeling "partially clogged" for the past two weeks. I'm home now from Boston, and I finally popped it yesterday, however when I woke up today it was "partially clogged" again. I ended up popping it 30 minutes after I woke up. My left ear felt clear again I thought it was finally gonna stay like that, but now its "partially clogged" again. I'm honestly scared I don't want live like this for the rest of my life, I'm only 14 and this thing is so annoying. When I walk it audibly thumps in my head and when i chew its loud and when I scratch my face or hair I hear it loudly. I just want it to go away.

Helpful Tips

Ear and allergies
For what it's worth, my brother has been getting allergy shots for a year and the ringing in his ears has stopped..... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.