Skip to content
sore arm from flu shot follow-up 1 year later.
machjock posted:
I wrote in 1 year ago about right arm/shoulder pain after receiving a flu shot for 2012. I received it at a pharmacy that boasts a big "bullseye" as their logo. After all this time, my right arm is STILL sore....albeit.....not as bad as it was initially. The initial pain was more in the deltoid muscle area and at times it is still there. However, it now seems to fluctuate between the deltoid region to the bicep and seems to depend on my arm & muscles being at certain angles and flexed in different ways as a result. I received yet another flu shot in September of 2012 in the same arm and had NO adverse reaction from that particular injection although I DID NOT return to the "bullseye" locale for this 2nd injection. For whatever it's worth, there are TWO things that I firmly believe should be kept in mind here in my humble opinion: (1.) This lingering pain is due to the injection itself & NOT the vaccine, (2.) When people mention the duration as extending as far a 1 year or longer.....believe it. I'm not saying that everyone will experience pain for that long...as have I.....but.....the possibility is there for sure. Therefore, if you are uncomfortable with the "wait & see" approach, I would recommend checking with your doctor or an expert in the field at your earliest convenience. My doctor, to this day, does not choose to believe that I should be experiencing pain for this length of time and also does not wish to provide me with an arbitrary steroid shot as he doesn't believe in that himself. Instead, he prescribed/recommened another physician to see as one who specializes in that phase of the anatomy. He deals with orthopedics/surgery and I have yet to visit him as of Jan. 8, 2013.

maxjmuller responded:
I run a small law firm that represents the victims of severe vaccine reactions. Over the past few years, we have seen a definite increase in shoulder injuries resulting from vaccine administration. We currently represent clients suffering from a variety of shoulder injuries after receiving a vaccine. The only silver lining is that the vaccine injury compensation program is now acknowledging that the vaccines are causing the injuries and compensating victims. I recently posted a blog on the topic that can be read at http://myvaccinelawyer.com/blog/?p=55 .

If anyone would like to learn more about the vaccine injury compensation program or the potential for a vaccine claim, please feel free to visit our website at www.myvaccinelawyer.com

Thanks!

Helpful Tips

Your Home Black BagExpert
Doctors used to carry black bags containing all the medical tools they would need for a home visit. Of course, that rarely happens anymore. ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 53 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.