Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Ear ringing....follow up...me again!!! :-)
llmick posted:
I'm still trying to figure out how to add onto my post!!! Thanks, Rod, for your reply. I always enjoy the hope you give me as these days...after 2 months of ear (s) ringing on and off (coming and going) I wonder if this is it. Is it likely that ringing can stop even if it's been 2 months since my bad decision to go to a benefit which featured a much too loud band? I will have a few days of reallllly good ears...no ringing to maybe ringing for an hour and then going away...and I think....great...it's going!!! YEAH! Then I will wake up the next day wondering where the tea pot is that I hear...and, of course, then realizing it's my ears...sorry, I'm attempting to find humor. Does this 'condition' some times just take months to go away....I know it's unpredictable and nobody knows...but from what you have seen and read....

Guess I'm still hanging onto hope.

Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
Just click on your original post, and then you can post at the end of the string....there are some strings on this site that are HUNDREDS of posting long now.

Hope is really all that we tinnitus-sufferers have, but at some point we must change home to acceptance. I don't think you are at that place yet. You should still be encouraged by those good days of being tinnitis-free. I would love to have just one of those.....

Since the specific cause of your tinnitus (as you know, there are many) is not know, it is really difficult to know if (a) you are going to completely get better, (b) continue to have wax and waning symptoms, or (c) join the cadre of people that have tinnitus for life. I know you do not want to be a member of the last group, but sadly, they decision is really not in our hands.

At this point, keep hanging on to that hope. You still....even after two months....have a good chance of being tinnitus-free.

Helpful Tips

FAQ Tip #2: Tonsilliths and Cryptic TonsilsExpert
People are often puzzled by white accumulations in their tonsils. Some feel they have Strep, yet they do not really have a red, sore ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.