Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Yellow watery fluid running form my nose.
Miziju posted:
Yesterday i was sitting up watching a movie when what i thought to be mucous was dripping from my nose. I went to blow my nose but it felt funny, so i stuffed it with a tissue. When i finished the movie, i removed the tissue to find it half soaked in a water like fluid the color of a yellow highlighter. By then no more was flowing out my nose. This morning, i was doing my daily prayers, bending over for something and it started dripping a few drops of the yellow fluid again, not much just a few drops. What is this? And should i be worried? Thanks

Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
Without the ability to examine you first-hand, I can only guess, but this liquid could be coming from one of your paranasal sinuses. There are other possibilities as well. I really think that justifies a visit to your medical provider so that you can be properly examined, diagnosed, and treated.

Helpful Tips

Your Home Black BagExpert
Doctors used to carry black bags containing all the medical tools they would need for a home visit. Of course, that rarely happens anymore. ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 53 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.