Skip to content
I have mono and but i dont have tonsils-bad breath, spitting, confused
cardinalsfan2013 posted:
I have mono and I have this horrible taste that prevents me from eating or drinking anything. I've only been trying to eat and drink when my throat does not hurt (thanks to lost of medicine) but the awful taste prevents me from doing so. I dont have tonsils and my throat without any medicine is in extreme pain. I am towards the end of week 1, maybe 2? I also find myself needing to spit a lot, usually coming up with lots of mucus. Its very disgusting to do so and is very common, maybe every 10 minutes or so. What can i do for the taste? For the spitting? To recover soon, i have already missed 2 weeks of school, and when ever I try to think I find myself becoming very confused and dizzy, what can I do about that? Also, occasionally i will find myself in a coughing fit and can't control it, they last about a minute and really hurt. what can i do to control that? Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it.

Helpful Tips

Most People with a penicillin allergy can safely take cephalosporinsExpert
Medical providers have always been taught that if you are allergic to penicillin, you have a greater chance of also being allergic to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 61 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.