Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Loud Impulsive Noise
    Anon_237213 posted:
    I have been struggling for the past year and a half with noises in my ears, I recently had a diagnosis of atypical meneire's disease.

    The other day, my husband accidentally dropped a glass dish into the kitchen sink. I stood within arms reach of him. I felt pressure in my left ear and heard a shrilling ringing noise for a couple of seconds. The pressure remained in the left ear for maybe 20 minutes or a half hour.

    Could this incident have caused any damage or possibly induce a new onset of tinnitus permanently?
    Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
    Yes, that is possible, but many people with tinnitus have hyper-sensitive hearing. Even though the sudden sound may have hurt or caused some temporary symptoms, it may not have caused any further damage.

    Helpful Tips

    Help me some one please i need help with my son
    My son is 10 months old and when he was a month he had hopping cough and i took him to the doctors 3 times and they didnt pick up on it so ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Expert Blog

    Focus on Flu

    Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.