Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Sinus infection and ear pressure with no relief after antibiotics
Hankonslow posted:
I have had a sinus infection for 2 months with ear pressure and vertigo. I was put on a z-pack, prednisone 20mg tabs and nasonex. After 1 week I still didn't feel better. I then took Cefdinir 300mg for 10 days, nasonex and zertec. I am done with this round of antibiotics and still have pressure in left ear and now have a painful swollen lymph node under that ear, behind my jaw. I am hypothyroid and was just told my thyroid is enlarged with multiple nodules. I have had night sweats and started snoring over the last 5 months. I am scheduled to see an endo this week but wanted to know if the sinus infection, swollen painful lymph node and thyroid enlargement are all related.

Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
I really have no way of making that determination based solely on the information in your brief posting. You will need a hands-on medical evaluation to be properly diagnosed, including making an connection.

Featuring Experts

Welcome to WebMD's Ear, Nose, and Throat Community — a site where members help each other. If you have an experience to share or would like ...More

Helpful Tips

Most People with a penicillin allergy can safely take cephalosporinsExpert
Medical providers have always been taught that if you are allergic to penicillin, you have a greater chance of also being allergic to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 61 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.