Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Right tonsil swollen
An_250139 posted:
Please help with any information!!

I am female...23yrs old... non smoker.

My right tonsil is swollen. It is causing me no pain just discomfort. It is constantly annoying me. It is uncomfortable to swallow, talk, even breathe. It feels like I have something lodged/stuck in my throat back there. It also feels (Though I am sure it is not) growing and swelling more. Looking to the back of my throat.... the tonsil is just swollen. No discolor or any dots, ect.

A couple months ago I had very similar symptoms and the ER doctors told me I had tonsil stones.

SO.. Do I have the same thing? Tonsil stones are re-occurring? What can I do/take to minimize this discomfort and/or completely make it go away?? Do I need to see a doctor or is not that big of a deal?

Any info will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Sega

Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
I addressed your question on your other (duplicate) posting.

SarahSega7 replied to Rod Moser, PA, PhD's response:
Thank you. I am new to this site and not quite sure how to get back to the other posting. Do you think you could possibly re-address here?

Thanks for your time!

SarahSega7 replied to SarahSega7's response:
Nevermind... I have found it I do not think I am going to stick my finger back there... I'm not sure if I can reach it, thanks for the suggestion though! I'll just continue with gargling until it goes away and go see the ENT if it does not go away.

Thanks again

Rod Moser, PA, PhD replied to SarahSega7's response:
You are welcome.....I am glad you found the posting.

Helpful Tips

Sharp pain in left ear lob cartiliage
After the last 24 hours of excruciating pain and having tried Tylenol Regular and Sinus and heating pads, this morning I took Aleve as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.