Skip to content
Ear pain when running with coolwind
treadleskate posted:
I have a problem that just started. I had bronchitis about a month and a half ago and no ear problems. But I had the extreme sinus problems I get according to my doctor, but practically no symptoms that bother me. However, I did the sinus flushes and the saline spray. about two weeks after the diagnosis, and a course of antibiotics, I went outside on a cold windy night and shortly after got a killer ear ache. I saw my doctor and ENT who both said nothing was wrong with my ears and there was no infection. Finally I saw another ENT and he said no infection but hardened wax against my ear drum. He removed it and I felt better. Then same thing again, some small exposure to the dampness outside, even with a hat on ansd that ear pain is back. I wear hats now all the time and cotton in my ear and a muffler around my head.

One thing that helps is to keep an ear plug or cotton ball in the L ear (the affected one) all the time. If I take it out, eventually the ear pain comes back.

The only time it completely went away was last week when the temperature dropped into the teens and low 20's and there was no rain. It was very dry. In fact during the day when the temperature dropped I could feel my ear getting better and better. Then a few days ago when it went back uop to the 40's I could feel the ear getting worse again. I have been on everything known to man. IO cannot take sudafed. I even heard that meclizine can help with ear pain.

Is this barometric pressure doing this? It started with cold air.

Helpful Tips

Ear and allergies
For what it's worth, my brother has been getting allergy shots for a year and the ringing in his ears has stopped..... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.