Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Hard Lump Behind Right Ear
dlink123 posted:
I have a hard Lump behind my Right Ear that does not move or hurt. It seems to also connect to a swollen spot allong the base of my skull on the same side. I have had ringing in my ears and severe lower back pain and my periods have been spiradic. In the last week I have started suffering from insomnia and hot flashes at night which are more like lust hot all over and sweating if under the blankets then have to take them off to cool down....it's like my skin is burning. I also have noticed just since Sunday a raised place on my forehead on the left side runs from hairline down to eyebrow near my temple...not noticable to others but I know it's there. I have also had bowel changes which started several months ago and I have no idea if any of this is connected or not but it is starting to get alarming. I have an ob appointment on the 13th so guess we will start there.

Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
Making an appointment with your medical provider is the FIRST step to being properly diagnosed and treated....You did the right thing.

Helpful Tips

Most People with a penicillin allergy can safely take cephalosporinsExpert
Medical providers have always been taught that if you are allergic to penicillin, you have a greater chance of also being allergic to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 61 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.