Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Faint high pitched ringing in ear
kafasam posted:
Hey, so for about a week now i have been experiencing a faint high pitched ringing in my right ear ever since i DJ'ed a club on a saturday for 4.5 hours. im afraid i did some damage but i keep thinking that it wasn't too loud and for too long. I thought it would go away after the first day but it has persisted and i have been to the doctor and ENT already. They told me there was nothing that looked wrong, and i did a hearing test, which had excellent results. But if everything is coming back normal, why am i still hearing this high pitched sound? Both doctors said that it will go away soon but it hasnt! i heard it when i woke up this morning, then it slowly faded away but now its back again. sometimes my hearing in either ear goes muffled for 2 seconds and goes back to normal. i am stressing out a lot because i am a musician and im enrolling in school in audio engineering soon, in hopes to have a career in the music/audio industry.

Helpful Tips

EAR PROBLEMS
I have had a mild ear ache on and off and recently when I had a cold with runniynose, the ear began to hurt again. The outer ear was also ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.