Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

10 month old with sinusitis
    kaela posted:
    My now 10 month old has had diagnosed sinusitis 6 times throughout his life. When he was born at 39 weeks, the first bottle he drank all came back up threw his nose. He was diagnosed with reflux. He constantly had severe reflux and it did not start getting better until around his 8th month. However, at 5 weeks old he was rushed to a pediatric hospital for meningitis treatment. He received treatment. While we were there, the doctor reported that he had a slight heart murmur (which has never been a problem.) He was also diagnosed with sinusitis at the time and given antibiotics. To make a long story short, he ended up in the hospital two more times for severe sinus problems. He takes two types of allergy medicines and is still on his reflux medicine. He is constantly in and out of the doctors office at least twice a month for the same thing...sinusitis. They have only tried different types of medicines and steriod shots...none which work more than a few days. ( He wakes up every morning with his eyes swelled shut... ) I am wondering if anyone else has had any experience like this with an infant with sinusitis, and what should my next step be?

Helpful Tips

Help me some one please i need help with my son
    My son is 10 months old and when he was a month he had hopping cough and i took him to the doctors 3 times and they didnt pick up on it so ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.