Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Blocked Ears
bster1 posted:
My ears have been blocked for seven days since flying in an airplane. This is not unusual for me, however the length of time and discomfort is. I have already been to urgent care and was prescribed an antibiotic because both ears were red and "angry". I was also taking a decongestant. Three days later I went to see my primary physician who tole me they weren't infected, although very red, and the only thing I can do is to plug my nose and blow. I refuse to do that as I have had a past with my ears and I do not want to do damage. I've done ear drops, Afrin and a neti pot. There has been no relief and the blockage is causing significant hearing issues. Any suggestions? I would like my primary doctor to give me a referral to see an Ear/Nose/Throat doctor. Is there anything that they can do that is different?

Thank you!

Helpful Tips

FAQ Tip #2: Tonsilliths and Cryptic TonsilsExpert
People are often puzzled by white accumulations in their tonsils. Some feel they have Strep, yet they do not really have a red, sore ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.