Skip to content
Chronic ear pressure
ShayWentz posted:
Hi there!

I have been suffering from constant ear pressure in my right ear for the past 2 years. I have no idea what brought it on as I have never had ear issues before and was not sick or flying, etc. It is very uncomfortable and is constantly on my mind ... it drives me nuts!!!! I too have had many difficulties finding answers. I've basically been told to "deal with it" which is a very frustrating answer to hear. I have tried 12-hour sudafed/decongestants, anti-histamines, steroid nasal sprays, Afrin, the Valsalva maneuaver (which helps the first time I do it but makes it much worse the more I do it so I try not to anymore), the "EarPopper" which got great reviews but made my ear feel TERRIBLE, gargling salt water and lemon juice, hot water bottles, ETC. Needless to say, I am desparately looking for answers as I am SO sick of trying to yawn all day long and un-pop my ear. Sometimes my ear will unpop in the morning (which is the most amazing feeling but it usually pops/pressurizes within about 5-10 minutes and usually is full of pressure by mid-day and unable to unpop at all).
That said, recently I heard about a new procedure (featured on the show "The Doctors") for people with Eustachian Tube Dysfunction. Sounds very promising, has anybody had this done or know anything about this?? I would LOVE to learn more!!! One other side note: I live in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Thanks in advance! It's so nice to talk to other people that understand!!!

Helpful Tips

Sharp pain in left ear lob cartiliage
After the last 24 hours of excruciating pain and having tried Tylenol Regular and Sinus and heating pads, this morning I took Aleve as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.