Skip to content
Above my tonsil
Mattew posted:
Dear Dr Moser,

I'm 20 y.o. and three months ago I've been involved in oral sex with a man who took advantage of me (because of my shyness, lack of self-confidence and a sexual orientation crisis). It was also my first sexual intercourse. I still suffer the consequences both psychological and physical. I want to start over but first of all I need to heal my body and my mind (I'm going to start psychotherapy).

A few days ago I was investigating my throat and I've observed above the left tonsil a strange "papule" that I can't see on the right side (maybe it's just much smaller) .. I do not know if I had it before. Could this be something serious?

I took some pictures:
http://oi50.tinypic.com/27zjfaf.jpg
http://oi45.tinypic.com/5bo2ld.jpg

Thank you in advance for your admirable patience.

I wish you all the best.

Mattew responded:
In this pictures I can see even something strange on the posterior wall of my oropharynx.

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2lnkehc.jpg

An online-doctor told me the strange "papula" can be a papilloma. I'm really scared because I've read HPV can cause oropharyngeal cancer.

Doctor Moser, until that day I have no peace. I am afraid of everything. I got tested for HIV and syphilis after 3 months and the result came negative, but I still feel muscle pain and pruritus in different parts of my body that takes very short time. From that day I have hypersalivation too. Sometimes I've got even some reddish rash on my hands. All of these symptoms indicate a Systemic Disease. I feel like I'm going to die. I know I have to do more investigations and I shouldn't give up but the problem is I am ashamed to tell doctors what I've done (I live in Romania and people, here, are not yet accustomed to such things). I am a boy. My parents don't know anything. I was weak and tense and I couldn't stop him... he took the initiative and I forced my body to do something that I'd have liked to reject. I was looking for "love"/"confidence" but I found out humiliation. That kind of love doesn't exists anymore for me. It's just sick sex...There are still people that use people and people that die of AIDS or hepatits because of it. I'd prefer to be asexual for the rest of my life rather than to repeat this experience again. Sorry for my "explosion" dr. Actually I'm really shy.

missy12345 responded:
I have this EXACT same problem.

Could you please give me some advice? I have not seen my doctor for it yet about it, and am terribly worried. What could it be?

JuanDoe replied to Mattew's response:
Mattew I'm glad you posted. I've been going through a similar situation. I regret what I have done and now im very worried about hpv in my throat. I feel a lump around my tonsils that I want to get checked out but I have no insurance. It was one night I was drunk and had unprotected sex with someone who was pushy and now I don't feel like having sex anymore im so depressed. But I think our only choice is to try to fix this situation and move on with our lives. I hope you feel better and learn from this experience. I know I have and wont do this ever again. Good luck and I wish you the best.

Marks852 responded:
Hey Mattew,

I created and account on this forum especially for you. If your problem is still not solved - don't be afraid of your throat. I think the "papula" is a normal part of your throat. Maybe it's a part of your tonsils? I have the same "papula" in my throat and I have it since I first looked in a mirror, before sex initiation

Good luck and wish you the best!

An_257937 responded:
Could you please tell us how did you resolve this disorder?

Helpful Tips

Earaches
I had pressure behind the eye and earache, even after using neti pot, suction machine and fluticasone. I found those worked great for ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.