Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Right Side Face, Ear, Parotid, Neck, & Head
michel708 posted:
Hi all,
Wondering if anyone has any ideas for me. I have run the gamut of trying to figure this all out. I seem to have developed something going on in the right side of my face, neck and head. It began over a month ago with some strange parotid gland sensations. I had some dental pain and I figured it was the cause. The teeth have been cared for and the problem is getting worse. I have some tingling sensation in the parotid, my right cheek is swollen somewhat, I feel a strange achiness in the bumpy area in the back/side of head that pulls into the ear and neck. When I wake up my ear is wet inside. I've had a Panoramic dental exray (all ok); went to the ENT had a CT of neck that did show BOTH Parotid glands were slightly enlarged but not terribly- there were no stones or tumors. Doc wants to check for Sjogrens to be certain even tho we don't think it is. He had me on an antibiotic but didnt seem to do anything. My regular Doc thinks its a viral infection in the parotid but seems like its been long enough to get better by now...... Getting myself worried now. I cant figure it out. I do have a foramen magnum meningioma that is small and we are watching it-last MRI was in November and all was the same. I dont think that has anything to do with it but its always in the back of my mind. Just that All the symptoms that I would get if it was that are really arm and leg issues. My doc said its not that. Does anyone have any other ideas? Can an infection in the parotid branch out into the ear and head too? I'm just tired of worrying and need to relax!

Helpful Tips

FAQ Tip #2: Tonsilliths and Cryptic TonsilsExpert
People are often puzzled by white accumulations in their tonsils. Some feel they have Strep, yet they do not really have a red, sore ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.