Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Fluid in the ears
    jenny1911 posted:
    My son is 12 and has been having ear issues for about 5yrs. He finally got tubes in 2009. In 2010 the tubes didn't come out on their own they were stuck in the wax that had hardened due to the fluid. The doctor took them out cleaned his ears. Every time I turn around his ears are plugged again and the ENT I just took him to gave him a hearing test which he failed and she said his ears will drain. Having fluid sit in his ears all the time can't possibly be good for his hearing. Is there any advise or idea what I should be asking them to do to fix this problem?
    Please someone help me!!

    Helpful Tips

    Drugs and reactions
    As long as we're on the subject of reactions that Dr.s say they have never seen problems with their large number of patients over the ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Expert Blog

    Focus on Flu

    Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.