An infection or something benign?
Zoeoeoe posted:
Hi, two nights ago I began having a strange type of pain under my tongue on the right side at the base of the mouth - the pain feels similar to a sore throat, but my throat isn't sore. I don't have a fever or swollen lymph glands. The pain hasn't gotten worse but it hasn't gone away.

I can only feel the pain if I move the tongue up. My throat doesn't have any swelling or redness or whiteness, my voice is still the same, ears are fine and gums are fine.

I tried prodding the right base of the mouth and tongue with a cotton bud and the pain is nowhere to be found. I can only feel it when I move my tongue, but when I press the base of the tongue it does not hurt at all.

Could this be the beginning of an infection? It doesn't feel like one because I haven't got a fever yet and it doesn't hurt when I eat, so I'm really confused.

If anyone can shed any light on this, would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Zoeoeoe responded:
Turns out it was just a mouth ulcer that way located waaaaaay at the back of my tongue (cannot be seen and too far down to reach). The pain went away within a week, just like when I get canker sores in the mouth.