Skip to content
Oral cancer fear
An_251458 posted:
Hi. male from Finland, 31

Where to start. First, I`m having a severe health anxiety for most of my life. One of the worst ones always being oral cancer. Last 15 months a torture, because of actual real problem....I guess

Ok. one day noticed this (after eating) little painful sore, blister, whatever in roof of my mouth(more other side, kind of where that soft part starts, sorry hard to explain in english). It looked red and inflamed and was "itchy". Ok no big deal, it happens. then weeks went by and it did not go away. not red anymore, but could feel this raised rough area there with tongue there. It`s about 0,5 cm in size....

then it started acting like one day it had this white area there in a middle, and feeling a bit bigger with tongue......few days later white area smaller and feeling more flat.

And thats how it`s been ever since. 4-5 months ago it was 80% gone for a few days though! could not see anything there, but feel a tiny tiny spot. and then came back.

These last 15 months has been a mental torture. I`m so scared of Oral C it drives me insane! I smoke and love beer too, so what else could it be anymore???? 3 dentist has seen it, none much concerned. having some bad teeth......but thats another story.....

Helpful Tips

Your Home Black BagExpert
Doctors used to carry black bags containing all the medical tools they would need for a home visit. Of course, that rarely happens anymore. ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 53 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.