Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
whooshing heart beat in left ear
angel_une posted:
So I have had this whooshing heart beat sound in my ear for over a year now. It comes and goes where some times it crazy loud and other times it doesn't bother me. Well the past week has been a bad week and the noise is so loud then when i put on head phones i can still hear it. The only thing that helps is to tilt my head to the left side for some relief. Well that is all fine and dandy but it makes my neck really hurt. I saw my normal doctor about a year ago and she said it was built up water. I then went and saw an ENT who just basically looked in my ear and was like it look like tennutis or what ever and said learn to live with it. Well I am not happy at all with these findings!!! I am going back to my normal doctor to see if she can hear it on a stethoscope since I googled (yes im a googler) and found other people with the same problem have found out it was artery that was blocked. I'm 27 and overweight but I have never had any neural problems before. I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue and what ideas can I bring with me to my doctor appointment today.

Helpful Tips

Earaches
I had pressure behind the eye and earache, even after using neti pot, suction machine and fluticasone. I found those worked great for ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.