Tinnitus and Distortion
Robert1969 posted:
Hi , i'm new to this so please bear with me. About 6 weeks ago i woke up with a swollen face and was very blocked up. That day i spent cutting trees with a chainsaw (with the use of ear protection). after a couple of days i developed a distortion in my left ear. I visited our local medical drop in centre who confirmed i had wax and i should visit my doctor to have this removed. later that day i noticed a ringing in my left ear. I visited the doctor who said there was no wax but i had Glue Ear. I was prescribed a nasal spray. 1 week later i returned with the same symptoms,the doctor said i now have an ear infection and prescribed a course of antibiotics. Another week goes by with no change, i visited the doctors again, this time i see a Lacombe doctor who examines my ear and tells me i have meniere's disease and prescribes me with more pills and tells me to come back in 2-3 weeks. Its now been 6 weeks and the symptoms are still the same, ringing and distortion in my left ear. Is it possible i have damage my ear useing the chiansaw(having done some research i don't think its Meniere's) i was wearing ear protection and suffered no hearing loss or ringing afterwards? I'm getting very concerned the ringing and distortion is going to be permanent.