Skip to content
Born with crossed vocal chords???
vjswick posted:
My husband said his doctor told him he was born with crossed vocal chords. I have never heard of anything like this and thought it was normal for some guys to have different voices. Here's the issue...

Even though I love my husband's voice, he doesn't like speaking or talking on the phone because he saod he sounds like a women. There have been instances where people over the phone will mistake him for a woman. He was to now sound like a man and the only place that says they could do something for crossed vocals is located in Canada.

My question is, is there a surgery that could correct this issue? Is it even possible to have a surgery done so he won't be so self conscience about speaking to people???

Thanks in advance!

Helpful Tips

I'm not a doctor but.....
I tend to do this once every couple of years. My doctor tells me it's an infection and gives me an antibiotic. It clears up with the ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.