Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Ears blocked like pressure but I'm not crazy
An_251769 posted:
My ears have intermittent blocking/increased pressure feeling for 6 months now. my GP, who is excellent, cant figure this one out. no pain presents at any point of time. My right ear is primarily effected, but it is intermittent. occasionally the left ear joins in, just to aggravate me and keep things confusing. no excess ear wax, no problems from a dental stand point, been to see the ENT twice now. Hearing is fine, scope used to go up my nose and look inside sinus cavity showed nothing. here's the ZINGER though; if i lay down totally flat it instantly goes away. now, it may stay away for hours, or it may come back with in seconds(the blocked feeling). i can't associate any activity, other than being upright, that happens prior to this blocking. i have my tonsils, but no problems there, and no TMJ. I myself am a registered nurse, I am baffled by this, as is my doc. I'm not crazy, but I'm getting there with this ear thing. Any help, thoughts, opinions, or advice is welcomed.

Helpful Tips

FAQ Tip #2: Tonsilliths and Cryptic TonsilsExpert
People are often puzzled by white accumulations in their tonsils. Some feel they have Strep, yet they do not really have a red, sore ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.