Skip to content
My poor wife
andysod posted:
Hi,

So my wife gets what appear to be colds very often. Probably once every two months. And just about everytime she gets a cold, she loses her voice. Now the issue is actually that she gets a tickle in her throat and coughs uncontrollably for days. It impacts everything, from her work to her rest. Many times she's unable to sleep and can barely function for these coughing bouts. It's worse at night but NOT necessarily when she's laying down. Also every time it happens it seems to last about 2 weeks.

Doctors have been throwing antibiotics at her for years now. They dont seem to work. We live in new england, theyve tested her for allergies (none, apparently). They've given her DMs and Codeine syrups and those benzonatate pearls. We've tried honey, apple cider vinegar, humidifiers, vicks vapor rubs, whatever. It doesnt appear to be sick building syndrome. It doesnt appear to be GERD. She even had an endoscopic sinus surgery recently but two weeks after recovery she got sick again and the same pattern is repeating.

The doctors seem stumped, my wife is miserable and suffering. Does anyone, anywhere, have any ideas????

thanks

Helpful Tips

Ear and allergies
For what it's worth, my brother has been getting allergy shots for a year and the ringing in his ears has stopped..... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.