Trigeminal Neuralgia???
JoyceFr posted:
I tend to get bouts of painful electrical shock type pain through both my teeth and tongue. I have not been able to figure out what causes it to come on but about every 6 months or so it will start by me feeling a sensivity when I touch my right check while washing my face. It will become hard to brush my teeth without some sensations of pain. Within a day or two I will have trouble eating and/or swallowing as the pain will travel to my tongue and make mouthing certain words painful. It will then graduate to some flaring electrical type shocks that flair for sometimes as much as 20 seconds and then stop until I either swallow or talk. For days and weeks I will have these bouts of electrical pain flairing until it just kind of fades away until the next time. I am sure that something brings it on and strangely, the only thing that seems to come to mind is when I take Udo's oil which I is such a good thing to do...thought it was the coconut oil at one time...just cannot put my finger on it. I'm not at all sure this is Trigeminal neuralgia as I don't think that just goes away for months at a time. Does anyone out there have any thoughts on what else this could be?
Thanks ever so much for anything anyone has regarding this as it is so frustrating to have something that limits your ability to function I you cannot eat, sleep or talk for weeks at a time.